Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rollercoaster... can we have more coast and less roller, please?

Sorry for the two month hiatus, lets see if I can explain. To make it easy (for you or me?)... or possibly to add a little dimension and fun to this post (again, for you or me?)... we'll try a list format!

June 1: Started two classes - Lifespan development and History of Psychology
Way too much work for me to accomplish
Work submitted is A+ ... yay!
Work submitted late is 0 ... boo!
Work not submitted is 0 ... boo boo!
Played 'Ketchup' all three months
Ended Lifespan course with a 76%... a C... and I'm thankful.
I took Lifespan 4 years ago and ended with an A
Ended History with a 43%
Did not complete 7 assignments, one being a 10 page paper worth 40%
Talked to financial aid
Talked to Advising
Talked to disability
Talked to professor
Everything will be ok
Take out the 7 missed assignments, I had an A
Prof gave me an incomplete and until Oct 5 to complete these assignments
Yay!
Enrolling in only ONE course for next quarter
I found a shadow in my shower, in the shape of a heart
...what else???...
Scrapping down after running out of money
Down to 98 pounds... so much for trying to stay around 107
Explored my attachment style in one of my papers - I have mommy issues
Explored my personality in another paper - I'm pretty cool
Still going to RI once every two weeks to get LENS
Started a medication that my neurologist could lose his license over if audited
First 13 days, I didn't have a migraine - just a few faint headaches
That's a miracle
Last month wasn't so bad other than the stress of incomplete school work
Needed to schedule an appt with vocation rehab... like 3 months ago??
Saved all my bday money to retake my Law exam to be licensed
$75, finally
Hadn't heard about my app for 6 weeks, so I called
$75 was the processing fee
I needed $185 for the actual exam - seriously?
If I can't figure that out, I shouldn't be allowed to take it
Needed a job to make money to take exam
Needed to take and pass exam to get a job
Uh? Anything wrong with the past two statements?
Less eating = more money = money for exam
Taking law exam Sept 3rd... prayers accepted in any form
I saw the fireworks on July 4th over the Charles in Boston
... I know there's more??...
My apartment's a mess
I became pretty isolated for a little while to figure out school and exam
Was pretty apathetic about anything or anyone else's life, or new house, or new car
When I'm upset... I look happy and smiley... don't you worry!
I gave up in trying to save the world for now
I need to belong to an institution to get a grant
My school doesn't have a place for me
I applied to some jobs and its competitive and I don't have my law exam yet
I applied to a couple small jobs, and I'm overqualified
I asked around hoping someone would want to do research with me and they don't care
So I'll wait until I'm in a better place w people to support research
Whatever
I tried sushi for the first time courtesy of my friend Caleb from HS, who's now a cook
... anything fun??...
I went to a bachelorette party with my highschool girls
We had glow bracelets
Every guy asks to have one
My response "what will I get out of giving you one?"
No wonder I can't find a relationship
Their reply "... fill in blank here..."
Which translates "I won't follow through on anything... I should get one for free"
I no longer have patience for "You like to give and I like to take"
I'm absolutely bitter
My girls met guys and blew off the cab I found, but I had no money to pay
He wouldn't let me walk 45 minutes home
Drove me for free while I cried hysterically in public for the first time
Gave all four glow bracelets to the cab driver for his daughters
He deserved so much more than glow bracelets
Still shamelessly humbled by the generosity of a stranger without much to give

...ummm, anything else?...
Maybe that I'm really sorry
This blog hasn't been what I had intended
And still hope for
my Tough Boy Initiative hasn't been ground breaking for anyone
And certainly won't get me a gig public speaking around the world about this
Which I would love to do

2 comments:

Colette Amelia said...

maybe not ground breaking but nice to catch up on you...was thinking about you and hoping things were going well.

I guess that sums up life...a rollercoaster. Some days I don't like the ride and want to get off.

Had acupuncture today and hoping for a miracle. The whole body has gone crazy and when that happens it is not nice.

take it a day at a time don't overload yourself, don't dwell on the ickies and try to sleep!

take care Ned!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you have so much going on that I lost concentration half way through the list! :-) Stupid brain injury.